About Dr. Kelly Brogan
Kelly Brogan, M.D. is a holistic psychiatrist, author of the NY Times Bestselling book, A Mind of Your Own, Own Your Self, the children’s book A Time For Rain, and co-editor of the landmark textbook, Integrative Therapies for Depression. She completed her psychiatric training and fellowship at NYU Medical Center after graduating from Cornell University Medical College, and has a B.S. from M.I.T. in Systems Neuroscience. She is board certified in psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, and integrative holistic medicine, and is specialized in a root-cause resolution approach to psychiatric syndromes and symptoms. She is on the board of GreenMedInfo, Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Functional Medicine University, Pathways to Family Wellness, Mindd Foundation, SXSW Wellness, Chickasaw Nation Wellness, and the peer-reviewed, indexed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. She is Medical Director for Fearless Parent and a founding member of Health Freedom Action. She is a certified KRI Kundalini Yoga teacher and a mother of two.
- Board Certified in Integrative Holistic Medicine, ABIHM
- Board Certified in Psychosomatic Medicine/ Consultation Psychiatry, ABPN
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, ABPN
- NYU School of Medicine, NY Faculty, Clinical Instructor; Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- NYU School of Medicine, NY Resident in Psychiatry; NYU Reproductive Psychiatry Program
- KRI Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Cornell University Medical College, NY Doctor of Medicine
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA BS in Brain and Cognitive Science/Systems Neuroscience
- Integrative Therapies for Depression: Redefining Models for Assessment, Treatment and Prevention, edited by and with contributions from Dr. James Greenblatt and Dr. Kelly Brogan
- Brogan K. Remote Healing of Bipolar Disorder, Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome Through Lifestyle Change. Adv Mind Body Med. 2017 Fall;31(4):4-9.
- Brogan K. Resolution of Refractory Bipolar Disorder With Psychotic Features and Suicidality Through Lifestyle Interventions: A Case Report. Adv Mind Body Med. 2017 Spring;31(2):4-11.
- Brogan K. Psychobiology of Vaccination Effects: Bidirectional Relevance of Depression. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2015; 21(3): 18-26.
- Brogan K. The Role of the Microbiome in Mental Health: A Psychoneuroimmunologic Perspective. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 2015; 21(2): 61-67.
- Taylor Z and Brogan K. Anxiety: Inflammatory Origins and Natural Treatments. Price-Pottenger Journal. 2014; 38(3): 13-19.
- Brogan K. Complements and Alternatives to Psychopharmacology in Pregnancy. Psychopharmacology and Pregnancy – Treatment Efficacy, Risks, and Guidelines. Galbally, Snellen, & Lewis. 2014.
- Brogan K. Nutrition During Pregnancy. ICAN Clarion. 2014; 31: 5-6.
- Brogan K. Fire in the mind: The depression-inflammation connection. The Carlat Report: Psychiatry. 2013; November; 11 (11).
- Brogan K. Putting theory into preliminary practice: Neuroinflammatory models of postpartum depression. OA Alternative Medicine 2013 May 01;1(2):12.
- Brogan K. Perinatal depression and anxiety: beyond psychopharmacology. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 Mar;36(1):183-8
- Brogan K., Lux J. Management of Common Psychiatric Conditions in the HIV+ Population. Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2009 May; 6(2).
- Brogan K., Bernstein C. Review of Medical Psychiatry: The Quick Reference. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 2008 October; 69(10): 1665.
- Brogan K. Pregnant and Mentally Ill: Protecting Mother and Child (Letter to the Editor). Current Psychiatry. April 2008.
- Hurria A., Panageas K., Brogan K., et al. Effect of Creatinine Clearance on Patterns of Toxicity in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(9):785-91.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Change in Cycle 1 to Cycle 2 Haematological Counts Predicts Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Drugs and Aging. 2005;22(8):709-15.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Patterns of Toxicity in Older Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving Adjuvant Chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2005 Jul;92(2):151-6.
- Altemus M., Brogan K. Women and Anxiety Disorders: Implications for Diagnosis and Treatment. Pregnancy and Postpartum. CNS Spectrums, Symposium Monograph Supplement. 2004 Sep 9 (9): 10-11.
- Brogan K. James. JAMA. 2003 Sep 3;290(9):1221-2.
- Hurria A., Brogan K., et al. Toxicity to Adjuvant Chemotherapy in Breast Cancer Patients Age 65 and Older. International Conference of Geriatric Oncology: Cancer in the Elderly. September, 2001. (Abstract).