If You Can Grow A Fetus!
- Wonder why breast cancer rates are skyrocketing and girls are getting their periods at age 8? A rat study has demonstrated that exposure to environmental toxins like BPA may be responsible for changes in utero and during lactation that persist into adulthood.
- A related study out of Brigham and Women’s Hospital looked at 352 eggs and exposed them to BPA at varying levels and found decreased maturation of eggs and abnormal progression. This observation was worsened with higher doses but occurred even with low doses.
- Increased implantation failure in the setting of IVF was correlated with increased exposure to phthalates (plasticizers) as measured by urinary metabolites.
What can you do to limit your exposure to these Endocrine Disruptors?
- Check for “fragrance” ingredients
- Eliminate plastic food containers
- Avoid pesticidese
- Decline thermal receipts at stores