Kelly Brogan, MD – Holistic Psychiatry
Looking for a safe haven in the storm?
Join our membership community for a fresh perspective on health and personal reclamation.
I sat down to reconnect with my colleague, Dr. Colin Ross whom I first learned of through his work honoring Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez's legacy. Given Dr. Ross's extensive clinical and research experience in the realm of psychological trauma, I thought it would be timely to connect, not around holistic healing of cancer but around around the role of torture, abuse, neglect, and other overwhelming sources of injury, what this can look like, and how to heal it. Here's what I asked him...
- What do you perceive to be the role of trauma in the expression of mental illness symptoms?
- Multiple personality disorder has been characterized in popular media as a kind of serious "craziness"...based on your clinical experience how does your perspective differ?
- I know that you have a connection to MK Ultra whistleblower Cathy O'Brien...can you tell us what MK Ultra (and Project Mockingbird) are?
- The phrase conspiracy theory itself is a CIA-originated term intended to discredit those who might challenge the mainstream narrative...now we are at point where the QAnon psyop may be an example of a social media movement intended to capture and discredit through political polarization any and all reference to government involvement in systems of trauma, torture and abuse. Many find it unbelievable that these "secrets" could possibly be kept by so many. Share with us your perspective on the role of trauma-based mind control in today's collective experiences...
- What is your clinical approach to healing trauma?
Dr. Colin Ross is an internationally renowned clinician, researcher, author and lecturer in the field of dissociation and trauma-related disorders. He is the founder and President of The Colin A. Ross Institute for Psychological Trauma.
Dr. Ross obtained his M.D. from the University of Alberta in 1981 and completed his training in psychiatry at the University of Manitoba in 1985. He has been running a hospital-based Trauma Program in Dallas, Texas since 1991.
Dr. Ross's book, The Trauma Model: A Solution To the Problem of Comorbidity in Psychiatry, was first published in 2000, with a second edition appearing in 2007. Other books of his include: Trauma Model Therapy: A Treatment Approach for Trauma, Dissociation and Complex Comorbidity (2009), The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists (2006), Moon Shadows: Stories of Trauma & Recovery (2007), Structural Dissociation: A Proposed Modification of the Theory (2013), The Trump Card: A Psychiatrist Analyzes Reactions to Donald Trump (2017), Treatment of Dissociative Identity Disorder (2018), Be A Teammate With Yourself (2019), The Genetics of Schizophrenia (2020), and Opus 5 In B Flat And Other Poems (2020).
How The Invisible Corset Disconnects Women From Their Bodies
The Invisible Corset The invisible corset is a set of culturally-inherited beliefs that make us as uncomfortable and restricted in our bodies as whalebone corsets once did. While the invisible corset impacts everyone in our modern society, it specifically targets women through the beauty, diet, and cosmetic surgery industries. The five main “strings” of the...Continue Reading
When the Fantasy Dies, You Come Alive
How dare you?! That’s so unlike you! I can’t believe you would do/think/act like that! I’m so disappointed… Have you had one of these interactions (or internal experiences) lately? Our relationships — to each other, to systems, to groups, and even to ideas, are coming up for review. We are seeing the true colors, and...Continue Reading